Pan‑Seared Ribeye Recipe
Bristol Farms’ Pan-Seared Steakhouse Ribeyes
No need to visit the steakhouse! Our Ribeyes are a perfect ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ cut with incredible marbling, tenderness, and flavor. They’re also quite excellent when prepared right on your stove! Just ask any grill master and most will agree: cooking steaks on cast-iron locks in the flavor and provides a special crust that’s delightfully different than traditional grill preparation!
Pan-Seared Ribeye Recipe
8 hours 10 min
- 2 – 14 oz. Bristol Farms Ribeye Steaks
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed with the back of a large knife
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pat steak dry with paper towels and then season generously with kosher salt. Remove the leaves from one sprig rosemary and add to a small bowl with one tablespoon melted butter. Add 2 cloves smashed garlic and mix well with fork. Using your hands, rub the steaks with the garlic rosemary butter mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- Remove steak from fridge and let sit for one hour. Discard rosemary and garlic.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Sear the steaks evenly on both sides for about 2 minutes per side for a total of 10 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tbsp butter along with the rest of the thyme and rosemary. Baste the steaks with the butter as it melts and continue cooking until steak is medium-rare or 130 ° F.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steak off the bone, against the grain, in thin slices.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag us @bristolfarms on Instagram and hashtag #recipes.