Your Ultimate Thanksgiving Feast Countdown Planner
At last, there’s the crisp Autumn air we’ve been waiting for! And with November officially here tomorrow, we can all really start thinking about the holidays – specifically, Thanksgiving. The feast that takes days of preparation is just 3 weeks away and if we want to make this very special day run smoothly…and deliciously, it’s important to start planning now.
So here’s your Thanksgiving Feast Countdown Planner…so you won’t miss a single beat when it comes to the much anticipated, Turkey Day!
3 Weeks Out:
- Plan Your Menu
-How many guests to account for?
-Going traditional with a turkey OR changing it up this year with ham, roast beef, or our very own special porchetta?
-What kinds of sides to pair with the bird (or other meat)
-Vegan friends or family to consider? Bristol Farms Vegan Field Roast is an excellent option!
- Collect your recipes (check out your family recipes + blogs, magazines, etc. for inspiration)
- Make Your Shopping List
-We suggest breaking it down into categories for shopping ease (dairy, produce, meat, spices, etc.)
- Order Your Turkey from Bristol Farms: bristolfarms.com/holiday/thanksgiving
- Shop for beer, wine, spirits, and mixers (get that out of the way now)
2 Weeks Out:
- Clean Out Your Fridge and Freezer
- Track down all of your favorite serving dishes, silver, china, etc. as well as cooking gadgets (thermometer) and move to one centralized area in your home
-Figure out now what you still need and shop our housewares department for serve-ware and kitchen gadgets you still need.
- Decide on tabletop decor (Bristol Farms housewares section is filled with gorgeous Autumn home accessories like the items pictured below)
1 Week Out:
- Shop for all your non-perishables for appetizers, main course, and dessert (spices, flour, sugar, crackers, breadcrumbs, rice, jarred fruits/veggies, etc.)
- Make and freeze pie dough
3 Days Out:
- Double check your recipes and shopping list and add to the list if need be.
- Buy your Free-range, Non-GMO Bristol Farms turkey (reserve in stores or online here: bristolfarms.com/holiday/thanksgiving
- Buy the rest of your groceries from your list
-appetizer items (Bristol Farms imported cheeses and charcuterie, caviar, shrimp cocktail, etc.)
-condiments for vegetable casseroles
-seasonal pies from Bristol Farms bakery if you’re not planning to make your own
-any serving platters and drinks you still need
2 Days Out:
- Polish silverware and wipe down plates, glasses, etc.
- Set table with place settings and decor.
24 Hours Before:
- Prep and brine your turkey with Bristol Farms own Brine Blend!
- Make cold appetizers like cheese dips and veggie platters.
- Prepare casseroles and refrigerate so they’re ready for baking on Turkey Day!
- Prep ingredients (chop your aromatics for turkey stuffing, etc.)
- Make desserts
- Label serving plates and dishes with the items you want served in them
- Missing a side dish or dessert? Not to fret – we have amazing ready-to-bake sides available for pick up now!