Donna’s Sticky Rice | Mom’s Best Recipe
We all know Mom knows best. During the month of May, we celebrated all the moms out there with a very special contest. This is one of the memory-filled recipes sent in from grateful sons & daughters from our community 💖 #momsbestmeal
Donna’s Sticky Rice
- 4 cups sweet glutinous rice
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 3 Chinese sausage
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 8 pieces of large dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1. Soak glutinous rice in chicken broth for 1 hour and soak dried mushrooms in a large bowl for about 1 hour as preparation.
- 2. After 1 hour, finely cut up shallots, Chinese sausage, dried shrimp and dried mushrooms.
- 3. Stir fry chopped shallots until fragrant for a few minutes in a frying pan. Then add Chinese sausage, dried shrimp and dried mushrooms, along with the chicken broth and oyster sauce. Add the water into this mixture and simmer at low heat until the liquid has reduced significantly, so it is no longer visually noticeable.
- 4. Mix Chinese five spice, white pepper, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil into the soaked glutinous rice. Add in the mixture from Step #3 and keep stirring until all the liquid is fully dissolved.
- 5. Pour the complete mixture into an “inner” container for steaming, such as a pot within a rice cooker. Steam for 30 minutes.
- 6. After 30 minutes, use chopsticks to loosen the rice and stir the mixture. Try to pull the rice from the bottom to the top of the container. Steam for another 30 minutes to complete!
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag us @bristolfarms on Instagram and hashtag #BFrecipes