Nancy’s Meatballs | Mom’s Best Recipe
We all know Mom knows best. During the month of May, we celebrated all the moms out there with a very special contest. This is one of the memory-filled recipes sent in from grateful sons & daughters from our community 💖 #momsbestmeal
1-2 hours, 30 min
- 1.5 lb 80/20 beef (I use ground turkey)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- 28 oz water
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Basil, fresh
- Parsley, fresh
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Combine beef or turkey with breadcrumbs, egg, garlic and a splash of milk. Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- 2. Lightly coat pan and brown over medium heat.
- 3. Once meatballs are browned, add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, sugar, water and salt and pepper and spices to taste. Simmer over low heat for one hour. The longer you cook it the deeper the flavor will be. Should be cooked on low so it doesn’t over reduce.
- 4. Top with 1 cup shredded mozzarella and fresh basil.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag us @bristolfarms on Instagram and hashtag #BFrecipes