Rose’s Golden Sponge Cake | Mom’s Best Recipe
We all know Mom knows best. During the month of May, we celebrated all the moms out there with a very special contest. This is one of the memory-filled recipes sent in from grateful sons & daughters from our community 💖 #momsbestmeal
Rose’s Golden Sponge Cake
3 hours, 20 min
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Special equipment: tube pan
- 1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites
- 2. Add sugar and oil to yolks.
- 3. Using whisk attachment on mixer, beat egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add water gradually, beat at low, then high speed for 7 minutes once all water has been added.
- 5. Add almond extract.
- 6. Sift flour and baking powder.
- 7. Clean whisk.
- 8. In clean mixing bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tarter and beat for 5 minutes.
- 9. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 10. Flatten air bubbles in yolk mixture.
- 11. Fold yolk mixture into egg white mixture.
- 12. Pour into tube pan.
- 13. Bake 60 minutes.
- 14. Cool for 2 hours inverted on neck part of soda bottle inverted on neck part of bottle or on a wire rack.
- 15. Using knife, separate edge of cake from pan.
- 16. Coat inside of tube pan with oil or non-stick spray and dust thoroughly with flour.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
Tag us @bristolfarms on Instagram and hashtag #BFrecipes