Turkey is the star of your holiday dinner. Paired with classic sides like savory rich potatoes and gravy, there is nothing more delicious than an extra juicy bird. We’ve pondered the philosophical question of To Brine or Not to Brine, and now we’re moving on to choosing our recipes. Whether you’re keeping it classic or looking for new family traditions, we’ve gathered a few faves, including a our go-to Herb Roasted Turkey!
Herb Roasted Turkey
5 hour 35 mins
- 1 turkey, 10-12 lbs, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Stuffing OR 2 sprigs rosemary sprigs and 1 onion, quartered
- Sea salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- 2. Remove giblet packet from the cavity of turkey.
- 3. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Stuff turkey or add one onion, quartered, and 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4. Line a roasting pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil big enough to wrap turkey.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix together chopped rosemary, butter, and garlic.
- 7. Using fingers, spread mixture over the entire surface of turkey.
- 8. Sprinkle turkey generously with salt and black pepper.
- 9. Wrap turkey loosely with foil (not airtight) and place in the oven. Roast for 3-4 hours. Unwrap foil for the last 30-45 minutes of roasting time to crisp the skin.
- 10. Use a thermometer to ensure that turkey and stuffing, if used, reach 165°F.
- 11. Remove turkey from the oven, discard onion and rosemary. Let turkey rest at least 20 minutes before removing stuffing, if used, and carve.
Not up to cooking? Order your deliciously prepared Bristol Farms turkey in-store or online! Choose from generously seasoned Organic Roasted Turkey, simply seasoned and slow-roasted Whole Roasted Turkey, mild, moist, and delicious Whole Smoked Turkey, or a Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast to add to your Thanksgiving meal.