May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Breakfast Strata with Ham and Cheddar Cheese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Perfect for brunches and potlucks.
|8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham|
|6 large eggs|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cups 2% milk|
|12 ounce loaf French bread, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 1/2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, DirectionsDirections|
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and then place sliced ham into the bottom of the dish.
- Place eggs, thyme, mustard, salt, black pepper and milk into a large bowl; whisk to combine.
- Place half of the bread slices into prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly. Pour half of the egg mixture over bread. Sprinkle with half of the Cheddar cheese. Repeat process. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and then refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from baking dish and bake until golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
|Main Ingredient:||Egg, Dairy|
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >