May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Serves 12 |
A classic sandwich that’s super easy to make.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 can whole tomatoes, 28 oz.|
|1 bottle barbecue sauce, 18 oz.|
|3 lb. chuck roast, trimmed|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
|12 hamburger buns|
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion; cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add tomatoes; coarsely chopping as you add to pot.
- Increase heat to medium high, add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 3 hours, until meat is very tender. Stir occasionally while roast cooks.
- When roast is very tender transfer to a large bowl or plate. Using two forks shred or separate the meat into small pieces. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium or medium-high and reduce the liquid in the Dutch oven, stirring often, until thick.
- Put meat back in Dutch oven; stir. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >