May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Scratch-Made Cinnamon Rolls
|1 cup warm water|
|3 tablespoons yeast|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1 cup milk|
|2 1/3 cups butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons salt|
|6 cups flour, more for working surface|
|3 cups dark brown sugar|
|6 tablespoons ground cinnamon|
- Pour warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Scald milk in saucepan on high heat, then turn heat off. Add 1/3 cup butter to milk. Once cool, add milk mixture to yeast and stir well. Add eggs and stir well. Slowly add flour and mix well to form dough.
- Sprinkle flour on the working surface and knead dough for about 10 minutes until smooth. Shape dough into ball and place in a large mixing bowl. Cover with damp towel. Let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until doubled in size. Press down on the dough, cover, and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Flour working surface and roll out dough to large square. Spread remaining 2 cups of butter over dough. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up dough tightly. Place the seam-side on the bottom. With a knife, cut roll into 16 two-inch portions. Place 8 rolls per pan in two parchment paper-lined metal baking pans.
- Cover with a warm, damp towel and let rise in warm place for an additional 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place baking pans in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes, until nicely browned and all filling is bubbly. Place a sheet of parchment paper over baking pans and place a cookie sheet on top. Flip pans and cookie sheet over. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from pans and enjoy!