The "oh so easy" at home pizza. Create the perfect flatbread with just a few simple ingredients! 🍕
-2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
-1 large room-temperature egg
-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-Sea salt (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
2. In a smaller bowl, beat together the water, egg, and 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil until well mixed.
3. To the large bowl, add the wet ingredients from the small bowl and mix together. Knead with your hands until the dough comes together. Don't knead too much, just until the dough forms, otherwise the end result will be tough.
4. Split the dough into two balls. Let the balls of dough rest for at least as long as it takes for the oven to heat to 400 F, ideally for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Lightly grease two unrimmed cookie sheets. Place the cookie sheets on a flat surface with a towel underneath so they don't slip. Place one ball of dough on each cookie sheet and roll the dough out as thin as possible, the thinner the dough, the crispier the flatbread.
6. Brush each flatbread with 1 tablespoon each of the remaining olive oil (and sea salt if desired).
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the flatbread is lightly browned and crispy.
Then personalize it with your favorite toppings. We love this combo, using arugula and zucchini. Tag us in your creations! ❤️